What Class should I take?
I am not flexible and have never done yoga before:
- be HOT YOGA's CORE 32 series has been specifically designed to be beginner friendly.
- If you have never tried yoga before you will have no problem participating in our CORE 32 or core FUSION classes.
- For your first time try the 60 minute CORE 32/60 or 75 minute core FUSION 75 (CORE 32/60+Yin) and work your way up to the 90 minute CORE 32/90 class.
Things to know about your first CORE 32 class at be HOT YOGA:
- Please arrive 15 to 20 minutes early, you will not be admitted once class starts.
- Yoga classes begin on time. Respect your fellow yogis and make sure you arrive early enough to get ready and be in the studio room for the class' start time.
- It is important your body has time to aclimatize to the HOT room, you do not want to be runing into the room just as class starts. Arriving early is the start of your yoga practice and is a very special and relaxing time for many students. Take advantage of this opportunity to reset your body, mind and soul before class begins.
- Listen to your body. Take a rest when you need it. Yoga is not a competitive sport, it is a process of self acceptance.
- Hydrate. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, 1L to 2L.
- Eat something light 2-3 hours prior to class, but avoid eating a heavy meal
- Be prepared to sweat!
What to bring:
- yoga mats are provided, however, feel free to bring your own
- 1 large towel to place on your yoga mat
- 1 towel to clean up with after class - showers provided
- 1L of water to drink during class, drink lots of water before you come
Mat towels are available for rent and bottled water is available to buy.
What to wear:
It is hot, so dress as light as possible. Women typically wear exercise top and shorts. T-shirts are bulky; tank tops are better. Men wear shorts, shirts are optional.
- Towels on top of yoga mats are required. All in one "yoga mat towels" are a great substitute.
- Please be silent in the yoga room. Refrain from loud volume
conversation outside of class as others may be in meditation.
- Refrain from wearing perfume or scented oils in class, as people
may have allergies.
- If you have any conditions of the feet (fungus, planters warts, etc.) please be sure to have them dressed or covered. Have them treated immediately as many are contagious.
- Please turn off cell phones and beepers while in the studio. No mobile devices are allowed in the yoga room.
Other Things to Know:
- Are you pregnant? Please call and ask for more information.
- If you have any health concerns, consult your doctor. Be sure to inform
the Teacher before class if you have any concerns or injuries.
What to expect after your first class:
You might feel very tired after class, this is a good sign that your body is cleansing. Your energy levels should be restored to normal after practicing a few classes.
You might find yourself feeling extremely energetic and experience difficulty sleeping. Don't worry, you don't have insomnia. This is a good sign that the yoga is truly filling you up with energy. You just have more time to do the things you enjoy.
You might feel sore or stiff the day after your first class. Come back to class as soon as possible! Your body is waking up and coming alive and you want to keep the process going!
You might feel nauseous, dizzy or have a headache after class. This could be a sign that you are dehydrated. Please drink lots of water and have some electrolytes before returning to class. This could also be a sign that you were trying so hard that you weren't breathing normally. Please breathe normally during every posture. If you can't maintain steady breathing in a posture, back off a bit.
You might experience some skin irritation. This too is normal, it means that the skin is releasing toxins. Showering directly after class will wash the toxins away. It will also help normalize the body temperature.
You might feel very hungry after class for a while, or you might lose your appetite completely. Both reactions are normal. If you are concerned about your weight, don't worry too much either way. Once you are able to maintain a regular and consistent practice, your appetite and your weight will normalize. You'll find yourself feeling great, looking leaner and younger.